A wasp is characterised by having two pairs of wings with few or no hair (in contrast to bees). There are various species of wasps and they fall into on of two main categories, either a solitary wasp or a social wasp. An adult solitary wasp will live and operate alone and do not construct nests. All adult social wasps live in a colony and build nests.
Wasps can either be nectar feeders, predators or parasites. You will always find wasps in any area where there is adequate food supply for them, particularly where there are plenty of flowering plants. As with most other insects, there tends to be a greater abundance of species during the warmer months of the year.
If you have a wasp nest then call SWATAPEST today on 9313 8484 for an experienced technician to safely remove any nest that you may have.
Click here for more information on pest control or any queries that you may have
Our 7 Promises to YOU:
- We promise to always arrive on time
- We promise to only use environmentally friendly chemicals around your home
- We promise to only use chemicals approved by APVMA around your home
- We promise to leave your home in an equal or cleaner state than we found it
- We promise to use fully qualified and insured professionals for the job you are employing us to do
- We promise to provide you with a detailed product service sheet, outlining what we have done and what you can expect in the future
- We promise to provide you with a honest quote for the work being carried out