Silverfish will consume any matter that contains carbohydrates or protein. This includes matter such as glue, book bindings, plaster, paints, paper, sugar, coffee, carpet, clothing and tapestries. They will also eat damp textiles or organic matter. Silverfish are able to survive for a year or more without having any food.
They are active during the night and will hide throughout the day. They will make quick movements then stop for short intervals before moving on again. They will avoid direct sunlight and if an object is moved where they are hiding, they will move rapidly to hide in a spot where there is no sunlight.
Silverfish are a nuisance pest due to their consumption and destruction of property. If you want to rid your house of silverfish, then call SWATAPEST on 9277 0960 today.
Our 7 Promises to YOU:
- We promise to always arrive on time
- We promise to only use environmentally friendly chemicals around your home
- We promise to only use chemicals approved by APVMA around your home
- We promise to leave your home in an equal or cleaner state than we found it
- We promise to use fully qualified and insured professionals for the job you are employing us to do
- We promise to provide you with a detailed product service sheet, outlining what we have done and what you can expect in the future
- We promise to provide you with a honest quote for the work being carried out