Mouse Control Perth
How to get rid of mice:
How do I get rid of mice is a common question we are asked. The answer, contact a professional:
- Eliminate entry points.
- Use mouse traps.
- Proper placement of mouse traps is critical.
- Bait stations – provided by professionals that are safe for other animals and people.
- Good sanitation won’t get rid of mice, but poor sanitation will attract them.
- Tackle the mice in the house and out.
Mice are very hard to see, Swat-A-Pest will take all our knowledge and work out the fastest and safest way to eliminate the infestation.
The bait that Swat-A-Pest uses is the safest bait for secondary poisoning against dogs, cats, owls and other animals of prey. We care about you, your family and the environment.
Rats and Mice are both mammals that belong to the rodent family. they are distinguishable by their size. Mice are considerably smaller than a rat.
Rats are creatures of habit. Mice, on the other hand, are much more adventurous and will often explore out new places for food.
Both Rats and Mice are extremely good climbers and are able to scale through:
- Walls, pipework,
- Trees, vines and are able to “tight rope” across cables.
They are both accomplished swimmers and can navigate through your S-bend in your toilet!
Mice are prolific breeders! Their rapid breeding will turn to an infestation very quickly.
- They are an adult and can reproduce after just 3-weeks of age!
- Can go from a couple at the beginning of winter, to over 1,000 by the end of winter
- Can squeeze through tiny holes (the size of a pinky finger).
- Will gnaw on an area to create a hole big enough to squeeze through.
- Can enter the house numerous ways (often in and around plumbing).
- Can run up brick walls.
- Food is easily contaminated from their urine or faeces, which can be up to 50 droppings per day.
Mice can build burrows through:
- Under paving/slab and are known to eat a lot.
Mice are well known for transmitting disease to humans including gastrointestinal infections and salmonella food poisoning.
Effective mouse control can be extremely difficult, even the cleanest of homes and businesses can have a rodent issue.
Often hearing scratching noises in the ceiling, behind walls, and under the floors indicates that you have rats or mice. Mice are rarely alone, living with colonies. If you see one, it means there are many, many more!
Mice will mark their food sources with small droplets of urine.
The bait that Swat-A-Pest uses mimics this effect, so the mice believe the food source is safe.
This allows for mice to be more comfortable eating our bait as opposed to something that you introduce (over-the-counter bait).
This kills the mouse plague much quicker than any other form of bait currently available.
Positioning the mouse station takes a great deal of care. Mice have places they like to eat. They will take food and carry it to a place they feel comfortable eating.