Effective Mouse Control For Perth Homes & Businesses
Mice in the house is many homeowners worst nightmare. While they cause less damage than their larger cousins, rats, they still pose a major inconvenience. If you’re experiencing a mouse infestation, it’s important to engage a professional for your Perth mouse control. Once the infestation is taken care of, it’s important to follow a few simple steps to deter them from coming back.
How to get rid of mice
We always get asked, “how do I get rid of mice?” Our top tips for getting rid of mice include:
- Eliminate entry points to your home or business
- Use mouse traps – proper placement is critical!
- Use bait stations, provided by professionals, that are safe for other animals and people
- Good sanitation won’t get rid of mice, but poor sanitation will attract them.
- Tackle the mice in the house and out
Mice are very hard to see; at Swatapest, we take all our knowledge to work out the fastest and safest way to eliminate the infestation.
The bait that Swatapest uses for our Perth mouse control is the safest bait for secondary poisoning against dogs, cats, owls and other animals of prey. We care about you, your family and the environment.
The Difference Between Rats and Mice
Rats and mice are both mammals that belong to the rodent family, distinguishable by their size.
While rats are creatures of habit, mice are much more adventurous and will often explore new places in search of food.
Both rats and mice are extremely good climbers and are able to scale through:
- Cables (like a tightrope)
They are both accomplished swimmers, and can navigate through your S-bend in your toilet!
How Does A Mouse Infestation Occur
Mice are prolific breeders – their rapid breeding will to into an infestation very quickly. This is why it’s extremely important to call in professional mouse control help straight away.
Mouse infestation facts:
- Mice become ‘adults’ at just 3 weeks old, and are able to reproduce at this early age
- Can go from a couple of mice at the beginning of winter to over 1,000 by the end
- Mice can squeeze through tiny holes (the size of a pinky finger)
- Mice will gnaw on an area to create a hole big enough to squeeze through
- Food is easily contaminated by their urine or faeces, which can be up to 50 droppings per day
Mice can build burrows through:
- Under paving/slab
Mice are well known for transmitting diseases to humans including gastrointestinal infections and salmonella food poisoning.
Engage Professional Mouse Control
Effective mouse control can be extremely difficult, even the cleanest of homes and businesses can have a rodent issue.
Often hearing scratching noises in the ceiling, behind walls, and under the floors indicates that you have rats or mice. Mice are rarely alone, living with colonies. If you see one, it means there are many, many more!
Mice will mark their food sources with small droplets of urine.
The bait that Swatapest uses mimics this effect, so the mice believe the food source is safe.
This allows for mice to be more comfortable eating our bait as opposed to something that you introduce (over-the-counter bait).
This kills the mouse plague much quicker than any other form of bait currently available.
Positioning the mouse station takes a great deal of care. Mice have places they like to eat. They will take food and carry it to a place they feel comfortable eating.