Rats & Mice
Rats and Mice are both mammals which belong to the rodent family. You are able to distinguish between the two by their size. Mice are commonly smaller than a rat. Rats are creatures of habit where they will stick to the same path each time in search of food. If a bait station is put down a rat will tend to avoid it due to their fear of anything new.
Mice on the other hand are much more adventurous and will often explore out new places for food. Both Rats and Mice are extremely good climbers and are able to scale through walls, pipework, trees, vines and are able to “tight rope” across cables. They are both accomplished swimmers and can navigate through your S-bend in your toilet.
Your food is easily contaminated from their urine or faeces, which can be up to 50 droppings per day. Historically rats and mice have transmitted various diseases to humans. Some common know diseases are gastro-intestinal transmissions, salmonella food poisoning and the most sever being the bubonic plague.
If you think that you may have a rodent problem then give SWATAPEST a call today on 9277 0960 to discuss how we are able to help you.
Click here for more information about pest control or any queries you may have
Our 7 Promises to YOU:
- We promise to always arrive on time
- We promise to only use environmentally friendly chemicals around your home
- We promise to only use chemicals approved by APVMA around your home
- We promise to leave your home in an equal or cleaner state than we found it
- We promise to use fully qualified and insured professionals for the job you are employing us to do
- We promise to provide you with a detailed product service sheet, outlining what we have done and what you can expect in the future
- We promise to provide you with a honest quote for the work being carried out