Flea Treatment Perth
Many people believe flea treatment comes in a can at their local supermarket or hardware store. This is not the case. Flea eggs can remain dormant for up to nine months, activated by the vibration of movement around them.
This means that you could think the problem has been resolved but they are actually still there. Professional flea treatment is the only way to kill fleas in all their cycles.
If your dog or cat gets fleas, it’s important that you have the environment treated by a professional at the same time as having your pet treated. This includes sandy areas around your home.
The best flea treatment is always prevention. The Swat-A-Pest team have extensive experience and knowledge allowing us to tailor the prefect flea treatment for your home and family.
Fleas are wingless insects that have mouth parts which are adapted for piercing skin and sucking blood.
- They have long legs with their hind pair well adapted for jumping.
- A flea is able to jump vertically up to 18cm’s and horizontally up to 33cm’s! This makes the flea one of the best jumpers of known animals (relative to body size).
- Fleas will feed off a number of warm-blooded mammals such as humans, dogs and cats.
- The bite of a flea can be extremely itchy and form small red bumps typically around your feet and lower legs.
With fleas feeding on a range of hosts, diseases are able to be transferred from one host to another. Fleas are well known for transmitting a variety of viral and bacterial diseases to humans and animals.
Flea Treatment for house
Flea treatment for your house is an important part of maintaining a healthy home; particularly when you have animals or live in areas where other animals such as cats and rats may wonder through your property.
Fleas and their eggs are often found living in the garden and in sandy areas, they then find their way into the home, living in carpet, flooring cracks and crevasses.
Swat-A-Pest treat the skirtings and floors of the internal spaces within the home. When it comes to outside, we treat all soil areas on the exterior of the home.
Flea control is always better than having to have your home fumigated. Prevention is so important. Particularly during Perth’s warmer months when fleas are most active.
Swat-A-Pest also offer our Platinum Life Programme, designed to make control of fleas and other pests cost effective and as a maintenance programme, less chemicals are used.
Flea fumigation can be costly, prevention is always better than cure.
End of Lease Flea Treatment
If you are renting a home and have pets, chances are you have paid a pet bond and the only way to get that bond back, is to have an ‘end of lease flea treatment’ carried out upon you vacating the property.
- It’s important that you advise us if your pet has ever had fleas.
- Treating for dormant flea eggs is vital so that it doesn’t come back to you later on with your real estate agent.
- We will carry out a flea inspection of the property and provide you with a report and receipts.
- Should fleas be discovered, we will carry out a full eradication programme -$180.
- In the event that no fleas are discovered we will carry out a basic flea prevention treatment -$110.
Flea Extermination Treatment Cost.
Flea extermination cost is dependent on the size of your home/property and the nature of the infestation.