Ants are a very social insect. They live within a permanent colony nest, ranging from a few dozen ants, to millions. An ant nest can be found within a variety of places. You can locate nests in soil, under pavers, amongst rocks, in wall cavities, in rotting logs or even high up in trees. Ants are able to damage paving structures by removing sand from underneath bricks and concrete for nesting purposes. Within a colony it contains a winged queen or in some instances a couple. A queen’s only function is to maintain her colony by solely laying eggs. Some queens will live for many years and lay millions of eggs within that time. Foraging ants are a nuisance as they are able to travel large distances in search of food. Ants are also capable of spreading disease as they forage in rubbish bins, decaying foods and then travel into your kitchen.
Even a clean kitchen or pantry is able to provide ants with a ready made food source.Summertime is always the most problematic season for ants. They are out in force building up their numbers and storing food within their colony to be able to nest in the colder months. An interesting fact with ants is that they don’t have any ears. They “hear” by feeling the vibrations in the ground through their feet. Ants are also able to lift up to 20 times their own body weight. What an amazing feat!
To rid your house this summer of nuisance ants then give the helpful team at SWATAPEST a call on 9277 0960.
Our 7 Promises to YOU:
- We promise to always arrive on time
- We promise to only use environmentally friendly chemicals around your home
- We promise to only use chemicals approved by APVMA around your home
- We promise to leave your home in an equal or cleaner state than we found it
- We promise to use fully qualified and insured professionals for the job you are employing us to do
- We promise to provide you with a detailed product service sheet, outlining what we have done and what you can expect in the future
- We promise to provide you with a honest quote for the work being carried out